- Westminster, CO
Kokopelli Beer Company currently has openings for Bar-Backing positions! We are a locally owned and operated Brew Pub located in Westminster, Colorado. Please read the following description and reply with a current resume, or swing by and fill out an application. Thank you!
Basic Function and Job Requirements
- The purpose of this operating procedure is to define the responsibilities, accountability, and reporting relationships of the Bar-Back.
- The Basic function of the Bar-Back is to assist the Bartender, keep the bar
- stocked and glasses clean, and to pour beers for the customers of the wait staff.
- Reporting Relationship
- The Bar-Back reports to Manager on Duty at all times.
- Job Requirements
- Bar-Backs are required to be 21 years of age or older, in order to be able to taste and describe the products that they serve.
- Bar-Backs must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year restaurant experience
- Knowledge of the restaurant business, ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a courteous and friendly manner. Ability to work calmly under pressure, with both staff and customers.
- Attire & Appearance
- All staff must maintain a presentable appearance. Good hygiene is expected! All front of house staff should come to work in clean clothes and uniforms. Specifically, blue jeans or black jeans and a standard issue shirt. Clothes should not have holes, tears or stains. Comfortable, clean, non-slip shoes are required. We strive for an informal, but professional appearance.
- Physical Demands
- The employee must have a full range of body movements, including use of hands to carry items to and from tables, as well as some bending, reaching, and crouching. Must have the ability to lift 60lbs with assistance.
- Working Conditions
- This position will be working primarily indoors in a climate controlled, smoke-free environment. Work outdoors on the patio, will be required during the summer months as well as the occasional festival and other such events. Dress appropriate for the weather. The noise level is usually moderate but can be higher when the restaurant is at full capacity.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and maintain Bar Standard Operating Procedures at all times. This includes but is not limited to, stocking ice bins, fridges, glassware, and bar supplies.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working area at all times. This means mopping or cleaning up any spills and broken glass immediately.
- Keeping sanitizer buckets filled and ready to use at all times. Also replacing throughout shift as needed.
- Clean all glassware before putting glasses away in the appropriate spots.
- Pour and mix drinks for the serving staff and bartenders as needed. Keep track of any miss-pours. You are also responsible for changing kegs when they run out, if brewing staff is here they will help.
- Adhere to your T. I. P.S. training at all times. Taking orders may be necessary, when a Bartender is busy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the menu for both food and beverages in order to answer the customers questions.
- Be knowledgeable of upcoming promos and events.
- Always conduct yourself in a polite and professional manor and remember we are a family friendly environment.
- Follow all Bar Standard Operating Procedures for closing.